Subject: [Leica] re: How much difference is there?
From: Aubin <aubin@aa.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 16:27:09 -0700

Greetings all:

Hey Bill, what's your point?  It seems to me your stipulating that
one should never buy anything that has more quality in it then
one needs for the purpose.  How utterly boring.

I like to buy more quality than I need, and as much as I can afford.
Quality is cheaper than trash.  Do the life cycle studies and see.

Besides, having a Leica means that when I want to do better work,
i.e. shoot chromes, get very low light level shots with good clarity and
contrast or take silent (or at least unobtrusive) pictures, I don't need to
shop for a tool for that purpose, the one I have already encompasses it.

One doesn't buy Leica because one NEEDS it, one buys Leica
because its the best at what it does, and one wants the best.

This logic could be extended to scotch, wine, food, anything else.
Just buy enough good stuff to get your taste buds past the first effects,
then switch to the cheap stuff, for the effect.  Are you suggesting that
one should only drive cheaper cars?  Booooring! Life's too short to
indulge in such self sacrifice.

To enjoy the flavor of life you must take big bites; moderation is for
monks.

Norm

From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Leica] How much difference is there....really

Ok gentlemen (and ladies) light your flame-throwers.

Lets say, for example, that you take you M6 (or any M)
<SNIP>
get you there and back just fine...and for much less
money.
Regards,
Bill Erfurth