Subject: [Leica] Re: WAS: Americans. baby killers. GET OFF IT!
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 20:40:25 -0600

At 06:11 PM 01/10/99 -0700, Bryan Caldwell wrote:
>Ted,
>
>The last time I checked, the subject line of this thread was clearly
>labeled. If you're not interested, don't read it. The same way many of us
>don't read posts about single malt scotches instead of launching tirades
>about those who do.

There is more at stake here than simply deleting messages that one does not
want to read.  I share the concern raised by Mr. Grant that the topic in
question is offensive and distasteful.  The LUG is no place to discuss such
topics.  The anti-American sentiments expressed are bound to provoke
serious concerns, and I might add that Ted and I are both Canadians ... if
we find the comments so distasteful, it is understandable that American
citizens would react even more strongly to them.