Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupe help
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 16:06:41 -0700

Pascal wrote:

> On 30-09-1999 22:45 Gary D. Whalen wrote:
>
> >  I am not interested in a Schneider vs Rodenstock war, I just want to know
> >what magnification to go to and which brands (good or bad) people have
> >experience using.
>
> I have excellent experience with both the Schneider 6x aspheric and the
> Leica 5x loupe. The Leica offers the most value for its money though as
> it has a couple of accessories that cost extra with the Schneider.
>
> Pascal
Trouble is these "x" times numbers don't seem to translate to anything in the
real work. I found it hard to find a loupe that magnified much regardless of how
many times they claimed to be blowing it up, Schneider was the worst. I ended up
getting a Peak which really seemed to magnify so I could see grain and eyelashes
and blowing the rest of the money on something else!
Mark Rabiner