Subject: RE: [Leica] Americans. Now: baby killers
From: dkgibson@hushmail.com
Date: Fri Oct 01 13:39:58 MDT 1999

>  The ONLY "international law" dealing with this point is this
> amorphous "UN
> Convention on the Rights of the Child" which the US has neither signed nor
> ratified
>but it is perfectly proper for a juvenile
> offender TRIED AS AN ADULT to be executed in the US.  Proper and
> legal and,
> no, there is no violation of "international law" in so doing.

Isn't the US one of only two countries that has failed to do so. Perhaps it helps them justify such barbarity as "legal" - but  "proper", I am afraid you have got me on that one.

Now, that Pinochet chappie we are thinking of extraditing, I guess what he did at the time was legal and proper as far as he was concerned.

On topic, was Ken Light's essay on Death Row shot with a Leica?

D. Kevin Gibson

Get HushMail. The world's first free, fully encrypted, web-based email system.
Speak freely with HushMail.... http://www.hushmail.com