Subject: [Leica] Re: Another comparison ...
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 11:09:21 -0700

Godfrey is indeed correct. A very few cameras have had 1/30th bothered by
mirror slap, but the majority of known and used SLR cameras, succumb to
mirror slap vibration at the speeds of, as Godfrey said, 1/2 - 1/15 sec.
Any exposure longer that 1/2 sec overpowers the insignificantly small
portion of that exposure that occurs during the vibration. Likewise, a
1/30th and shorter exposure is actually over before the vibration can get
mechanically transmitted to the lens, etc., to cause motion blur. This is a
well tested fact.

Jim