Subject: Re: [Leica] New LTM Lenses; About Tom's impressions!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:34:49 -0400

Ah! Another Canadian! Wait a minute! No! , He's really Swedish... or is he?
Maybe an elvish gnomish scion of Vulcan escaped from the Schwarzwald?
Tinkering with his hammer and anvil!
Well, he is a LUGger! That much is certain!
Tom, I really enjoy your stories of all these wonderful lenses!
Unfortunately you make me want to go out and try to buy too many of them!!
Since you seem to have a good command of the 'Simple English Declarative'
sentence, as Sir Winston called it, I would like to see your evaluations on
the website- not the highly technical evaluations of Erwin- He's great, but
frankly, I get lost! Some of the concepts he covers are quite literally
beyond me- and Heck! I once was in Mensa( But I got smarter and got out!).
Scientific graphs and charts are one thing- I've been accused of being
unable to talk without drawing a graph, myself, but the stuff I really like
is the way we as a group can talk about the ephemeral stuff like 'bokeh',
and flare, and 'that Leica look'.
I know that some of the lenses I use are not the 'best' or the most modern,
but they suit my vision- myopic, though corrected, and sometimes fuzzy!-
being diabetic CAN change the way things look!
I would like to see a subjective evaluation, maybe with examples. You seem
to be, on the one hand, enthusiastic about the choices, but fair and
'objective' in your descriptions. You seem to have a wide experience with
different glass, and it would be very enlightening to see you set down your
own personal thoughts, likes, dislikes- as subjective, and 'touchy-feely' as
you want!
You are inspiring- I am inspired to get an M6, and then a rapidwinder, since
I am hopelessly left eyed, left handed, left brained ( not lame-brained, I
hope!) and even left-footed! I even like the little Ikonta-Kleine 35mm
because I can wind it with my left hand!!!
Give it some thought! Anything you post is NEVER FILTERED, at least by me! I
enjoy you thoughts and your detailed stories about you visits and jaunts
afar! I'd just like to hear more about your experiences with these wonderful
toys that you get to play with!
Dan