Subject: Re: [Leica] New LTM Lenses
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:28:13 +1000

- --------------36793E18C9620F389170FC8B

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

>  I have dusted off my "Barnack-Leica's" and I have shot more with them in the
> last couple of weeks, than in the last couple of years. The filmadvance is
> slow and the loading has a somewhat steep learning curve (it is amazing what
> words can be accompanying this process - not for the sensitive souls, at
> least until you mastered it). The filmadvance problem will be solved, I have
> started the design and "rough" prototyping of a Rapidwinder for the 3C/3F and
> 3G and everything going according to schedule, should have something in the
> new millenium.
> Tom A

Tom, you can speed up the film advance on the LSM cameras considerably with the
right
technique. When I still owed my Screw mount cameras, I could do it just about as
fast as with an M model.

You put your index finger on to the right side of the wind knob. The end near the
thumb,
and with one stroke pull it backwards. This winds the advance in one go, as fast
as you can operate the lever on a M.
However, if I still had my screw mounts, I would invest in one of your rapid
winders for sure.

I think this should be popular wit a lot of SM users.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

- --------------36793E18C9620F389170FC8B

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;I have dusted off my "Barnack-Leica's" and
I have shot more with them in the
<BR>last couple of weeks, than in the last couple of years. <B>The filmadvance
is</B>
<BR><B>slow</B> and the loading has a somewhat steep learning curve (it
is amazing what
<BR>words can be accompanying this process - not for the sensitive souls,
at
<BR>least until you mastered it). The filmadvance problem will be solved,
I have
<BR>started the design and "rough" prototyping of a Rapidwinder for the
3C/3F and
<BR>3G and everything going according to schedule, should have something
in the
<BR>new millenium.
<BR>Tom A
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
Tom, you can speed up the film advance on the LSM cameras considerably
with the right
<BR>technique. When I still owed my Screw mount cameras, I could do it
just about as fast as with an M model.

<P>You put your index finger on to the right side of the wind knob. The
end near the thumb,
<BR>and with one stroke pull it backwards. This winds the advance in one
go, as fast as you can operate the lever on a M.
<BR>However, if I still had my screw mounts, I would invest in one of your
rapid winders for sure.

<P>I think this should be popular wit a lot of SM users.

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------36793E18C9620F389170FC8B--