Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC, "Americans"
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:55:11 -0700

My wife - who is Peruvian - considers herself American.
I think that "American" has become synonymous with US citizen simply because
it is cumbersome to say "I am an US citizen".
Many Germans refer to their country as Europa. I have been hearing this as
far back as 1960

Maybe for political, cultural, personal, and other reasons, some Canadians
may not want to associate themselves with what "America" (US) has come to
represent in their eyes.

Joseph Codispoti

From  Paul "Johnny Canuck" Chefurka.