Subject: [Leica] 50/3.5 Summaron
From: William Boyle <wmboyle@iwinet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:57:04 -0700

I have a Summaron that bears the marking "Summaron f=3.5cm 1:3.5
Nr.1553xxx Enrnst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar"

Does anyone onthe list know what year this lens was produced?

Compared with my Nikkors (for Nikon bodies) it seems less sharp when the
subject is low contrast, leaves on a tree, e.g. but does a much better
job of resovling high contrast objects such as leaves and twigs against
the sky.

Does anyone on the list have any comments on these lenses? What is their
general reputation?

Is there much chance I can locate a new filter mounting ring for one of
these?

Thanks,

Bill