Subject: [Leica] Trinol amateur test
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:21:48 -0400 (EDT)

Bonsoir Jem,

  My Trinol lens has SN 034229.  The lens barrel where the depth of field
scale is engraved is all brass colored.  It does not look as if it has ever
been painted, also the DOF scale still has white paint on the engraving.
The lens has the initials HY stamped twice on the front rings.  On the
inside part of the optical block there is also mention of a...Canadian
patent number (435629/46).

  Was the performance of the coated lens any better than the uncoated one?
I m thinking of a finder, I ll let you know.

  Indeed it does focus "backwards". Strange.  Hard habit to break.

  Regards,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)