Subject: [Leica] Paris Rain
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:53:24 -0400

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> It has been raining for a week, and I've been unable to go outside to shoot
> anything.  I am unwilling to let rain pour down onto my camera.
>
> If the sun ever comes back out, I'll do that.
> If current weather patterns persist, I'll be lucky to get through ten rolls in a
> year.  I've only shot four rolls thus far.
>
>   -- Anthony

Anthony, the effects of rain in photography can not be overstated.
Sunshine is easy. I love photographing in Paris (or anywhere) in the
rain. Great reflections. Good people opportunities with umbrellas, etc.
Sitting at sidewalk cafés with practiced indifference watching
pedestrians scurry. People sipping café at le comptoir. Bistro lights
reflecting. Place St. Sulpice with the fountain reflecting off the wet
pavement. Keep the camera under your impermeable and pull it out as you
need it.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/