Subject: Re: [Leica] Which one is the Leica?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:01:57 +0200

From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 22:41

> As an engineer you should be able to figure out the
> obvious. So here's a beginning for dumb engineers:
> same distance from film plane, same aperture, same
> shutter time, same lighting, same object in frame, same
> camera support.

As an engineer, I know that it is impossible for everything to be the same.
Therefore it is necessary to specify the acceptable tolerances for "sameness."

> As an aside, handheld can't qualify in any sane engineer's
> mind as something that can ever be equal ...

Why not?  See above.

> ... you shake a bit more or less every time you take
> a shot.

That may or may not be important.

> With whatever tripod you use, you at least get *equal* support.

Tripods are moved by the vibrations of nearby vehicles, and by air movement, and
by other factors.

  -- Anthony