Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Zone blues
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:53:41 +0200

> As for Eric's idea about stores that teach photography and rent darkrooms, I
> have in the back of my mind a retirement business that is part freelance
> photojournalist, part black and white lab and part rental darkrooms offering
> basic photography classes. It probably won't make any money but I'll have fun
> and by the time I retire I'll be really "quaint."

I know a guy who does that. During the "day" he sells pictures in a FNAC (big
chain) store and the week-end he organizes small workshops, mainly glamour
shooting. He manages to get 10 to 15 persons a week. He asks something like $70
to each one. That does not make a living but pays some films. He proposed to the
FNAC to set up some teaching at a larger scale. They refused.

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)