Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica AF-CI
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:14:43 +0100

Dubb wrote:

>Do any of the LUG'ers  remember the little P&S  Leica called AF-CI with
>a great little 40mm and 80mm lens? What can you tell me about it, and
>it's reputation?

I got one of these new for my wife about ten years ago. It was being
remaindered, and, as I remember, cost about USD100.

It was a fine little performer at both 40 and80mm, with autofocus which
appeared to be spot on and a very bright viewfinder. The only drawback was
that there was a design fault with the protective shutter over the lens,
which tended to stick half-open when the camera was turned on.

Unfortunately my wife decided to test its endurance qualities by dropping
it on a concrete floor, which made the plastic zoom button fly off into the
wide blue yonder, never to be seen again.

So now its stuck at 40mm, though functioning well in every other department.

Anyone know anyone who carries spares for this? I might even get it repaired...

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Cork Florists