Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Focus woes
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:28:51 -0700

I don't remember Leica saying anything about different lenses with
different screens. But the screens with a center split image are maddening!
I cannot fathom their usefulness. You are trying to compose this scene, but
there is a big glitch, right in the middle, that screws up your view. And,
with long lenses, the little split image prisms go black, further screwing
up the composition. Even with short lenses, using DOF preview, they go
black. You cannot use these lousy screens with DOF preview. I use DOF
preview with at least 75% of my Leica R photographs. 100% with MF and LF
images.

I guess you can tell that I don't like anything except a smooth, plain,
ground glass. Grid lines are OK. You get the whole, unadulterated, view.
And can check DOF without interference.

Jim