Subject: RE: [Leica] The cost of consumables
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:52:10 -0400

At 12:58 PM 9/27/1999 -0700, Paul Chefurka wrote:
>Unfortunately, I want to shoot colour neg, and I can't soup it at home.  Not
>because it's not possible, but that I'm not allowed to.  My wife was a (very
>good) custom colour printer for many years.  She got a bleeding ulcer from
>the stress, chemical jaundice from poor ventilation and a permanent bad
>attitude from the clients.  Now the smell of acetic acid in salad dressing
>gives her Vietnam-sized flashbacks, so I'm under orders to never ever under
>any circumstances bring photo processing chemicals into the house :-/

Well, I took care of peer pressure by not having any friends.  Similarly, I
take care of pressures from the spouse by not having one.

I have the kitchen in my slum bachelor pad rigged up as a dark room.  A
table for the enlarger.  Lots of cabinet space for chemistry and gear.  A
refrigerator for film and paper and, of course, the obligatory monuments to
the "yard-o-beef" lifestyle which so affronts Brother Rabiner.  My son is
with me ten weeks a year and camps out in a bed room full of cameras and
camera gear, and my spare enlarger -- any question as to why he moved off
to Alaska?

But, had I the time, I would have a fine dark room setup!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!