Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M6 battery drain; -> M6TTL annoyance
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:42:39 -0000

Jeff - Having recently purchased a TTL I have to both agree and disagree -
(What else? This is the LUG!)

I, too, have found that it eats batteries. My problem though is that I used
a Tom A. softie, and when I put the camera in the bag, the meter gets
tripped. Now that I'm aware of the problem, I just try to position it more
carefully, or set the shutter speed dial to B or Off when I store the
camera. When I'm shooting, it's
not in the bag, so....

The problem with the not keeping the camera cocked is that then you don't
have a functioning meter when you simply raise the camera to your eye,
unless you advance the shutter at that point.

Now...as to the other aspects. I really like the larger shutter speed dial,
and find it easier to manipulate with one finger with the camera at eye
level. I also like the middle dot in the finder window, and haven't found
any difference in meter settling between the TTL and the "real" M6.

Cheers - B. D.