Subject: Re: [Leica] Zone blues
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:26:00 +0300

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> > ZS is only a formal way of saying 'expose for the shadows,
> > develop for the highlights' ...
>
> I have no control over development.  I can only control exposure.

I can't believe you don't have the money (as you have stated) for
pro-processing of your film. It should cost a few bucks per roll only,
and they'll let you dictate what chemicals to use, at what temperature
etc etc. Or they will go through some qualified path of trial and error
to see what works for you. If you're really that badly out of cash after
an F5 and M6, you should have gotten cheaper cameras. For the sort of
photography you say you practice, you don't need the world finest
optics, nor the fastest AF. Buy film instead, and have it processed by
pros, and not by those one-hour kids who just lost their job flipping
burgers at MacDonald's.

Bernard.