Subject: [Leica] Ted's outcry
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:28:48 +0200

I do sympathize with Ted's advise to Anthony to take a break and
start taking pictures. It is really easy as Ted noticed and Horst has
given almost all tips one needs to make a decent slew of photographs.
As long as Luggers feel inclined to react to Anthony's curious mix of
technical naivety and strong views on every (technical) aspect of
photography, we will never ascend to a higher level. May I humbly
suggest that we all make one default answer to all posts from
Anthony, as below:
"
Buy a beginners book and read it. Try Osterloh: Leica M Technique.
There are excellent bookshops in Paris. Then take photographs for a
full month, carefully note what you did and what went wrong. Then buy
a second more advanced book.  Study your mistakes.  Take pictures for
two months. Carefully etc. Restrain yourself to one email a week to
the Lug. People there will have the expertise and knowledge to answer
this question. It will benefit all and we may stop all people from
unsubscribing.
"

Erwin