Subject: RE: [Leica] Drive By Shooting
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:04:24 -0400

Probably the Yashica T4 Super.

Jonathan Lee

- -----Original Message-----
From: Michael Bell [mailto:mbell@mail.utexas.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 9:46 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Drive By Shooting

Did anyone catch the CBS Sunday Morning show this past Sunday?  They did a
piece on this New York cab driver who randomly shoots pictures as he is
driving around in his cab.  I'm afraid I forget his name, but he has a new
book out called Drive By Shooting.  He gets some really remarkable shots
considering most of them are done while he is driving (around NY no less)
and without looking through the viewfinder.

He uses point and shoot cameras with "really nice Zeiss lenses" according
to the report.  I'm not sure what camera that would be.  What he used
looked like any old black point and shoot.  He's gone through a few already
having dropped a couple out of the window of his cab and having spilled too
much food on some.

He seemed to take photographs so naturally and effortlessly.  Even when he
snapped pictures of those in the back of his cab the people usually did not
know he was taking their picture.

CBS Sunday morning does pieces on photographers fairly often, I think, but
I am usually not coherent enough that early on Sunday to remember to turn
it on.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu