Subject: RE: [Leica] Archiving question
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:58:18 -0400

At 03:11 PM 9/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I was wondering about this as well a few months ago when I was sorting
>through my poorly organized slides and negatives. After doing a bit of
>research I found a number of people recommending the software package NSCS
>Pro (www.nscspro.com) put out by wildlife photographer Boyd Norton. It
>looks like it is oriented towards 35mm slide film since it has lots of
>slide captioning features. The newest version uses thumbnail images and
>sells for $189. I was seriously considering it, but I put off the purchase
>since I didn't really have much free time available during the summer for
>all the initial database entry. I figured I might look into it again once
>we get into the rainy season this fall/winter.
>
>I would definately like to do something to organize both the slides and
>negatives I'm accumalating now that I'm am trying to follows Ted's example
>of getting out and photographing. I would be interested in hearing what
>others do, especially those with large collections of images.
>
>Tom Finnegan,
>Seattle

Tom -

NSCS Pro is the best of the simple filing programs and I've tried them
all!  If you want one that will also produce portfolios, look at Image AXS
Pro from Dascorp. http://www.dascorp.com/  It's available from Light
Impressions.  I have just upgraded to Inview/Stockview by Hindsight
http://www.hindsightltd.com/ because it includes a lot of extra software
applicable to selling stock photography but is much more expensive.

Hope this helps!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP