Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo Macro stability/Tripod
From: "Bill Christensen" <billc@xsite.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:25:42 -0500

Tom,

Yes, I use the plates from Really Right Stuff.  Although Kirk plates are
nicely made, RRS plates are superior in quality and in design IMHO.

One caution, according to my understanding, RRS only makes a plate for the
R8 with the much hoped for motor or winder.  It does not have a plate for
the R8 only.  For that, Kirk should be able to help you.

Another comment.  My RRS plates have a small set screw on one side of the
plate so, when the camera is placed in a vertical position, an inadvertent
loosing of the Arca-Swiss plate knob will not send your Leica tumbling to
the ground.  It is cheap insurance.

Good luck!

Bill