Subject: Re: [Leica] <no Leica> Photo professionals
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:40:55 +0200

From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 1999 15:28

> This is such bullshit.

I dunno.  It seems to have worked for photojournalism thus far.

> Shooting a photo of a bunch of kids crying at the site
> where their friends died  is not going to change anyone's
> minds.

How do you know that?

> I have always thought reasoning like this is one of the most
> inane people use to justify shooting in these situations anyway.

I'm glad there around, since someone should be recording these situations for
posterity.

> People are going to do what they do.....hell I have seen bodies
> crushed and burned beyond any semblance to a human figure and I
> still speed.

Hmm... I've never seen bodies like that, and yet I never speed.

> Anyway as I said in the post I already had the photos I needed
> so I left.  I guess they were not that bad as one ran front
> page of the paper and won a 3 rd pace in the region six NPPA
> (national Press Photographers Association) monthly clip contest.

Good for you.  Is that what motivates you to take pictures, then?

> Anthony, unless you have been there in situations like this
> you have no ground to talk as you do.

Sure I do.  I'm doing it right now.

> Anyone who has worked news, esp in a big city like Atlanta,
> GA, has seen things that stay in your mind for life and you
> learn when it is best to just cut and run.

So?  It's an occupational hazard.

  -- Anthony