Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Scala question...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:46:07 +0200

Mark,

This is because you have to send it away somewhere--according to Agfa's data sheet,
only 3 labs in the US process Scala, and they are in L.A., New York and Miami. Here
in Belgium there is only one lab, but it happens to be here in Brussels, and so I
can take the film directly to them, no mailing involved.

As for "exposing for highlights", this is what I have always done with slide
film...measure the brightest part of the scene in which I want detail (e.g. a
person's face or a textured light-colored wall) and expose for that.

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> 3 hours!! here i think it's days (Portland Oregon).
> By exposing for the highlights do you mean aiming you camera at the highlights
> and going with that reading....or opening up as well to match!?
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium