Subject: [Leica] Re: Another Scala question...
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:20:38 -0700

At 05:04 PM 9/25/99 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
>I can recall having to do that years ago when I was fooling around with
>reversal colour processing (either E4 or an obsolete Agfa process).  Part
>way through, I had to remove the reel from the tank, and hold it a
>specified distance from a known wattage bulb, for a certain length of time.
> The end results were nothing to write home about.
>
>Dan C.

This has been the "standard" way of causing "reversal" in reversal film for
decades. All slide film until the introduction of the E6 process has been
"reversed" this way. I have "light reversed" thousands of rolls of film.
The results are no different than "chemical" reversing that takes place in
the E6 process.

Disclaimer... I do not know exactly when the "chemical" reversal replaced
"light" reversal, but it was about the time of E6 introduction. I started
processing Ektachrome in 1953. Probably E3, but maybe E2. Too long ago to
remember for this feeble mind.

Jim