Subject: Re: [Leica] Film suggestions for extremely low light experiments?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:25:48 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> [...]

Godfrey DiGiorgi has answered that just now in a nice post on tank processing
which is easy and doesn't require a darkroom. Load your film in a closet or changer.
The environmental impact of black and white chemistry for us home users is minimal.
Since Paris will now let you use your tripod I doubt they will have amazing
rules as to what you can pour down your drain.
> > ... the one to use for grain effect with Rodinol is
> > the T Max.
>
> By grain effect do you mean reducing grain or increasing grain?

Increasing. But the appearance of sharpness and resolution is increased and I
think it really is increased. The resolustion appears to be greater than the
distance between grain clumps. And the grain is sharp and even.

> > As you are Paris you could go to the same place that
> > does HCB's and not be doing so bad!
>
> If only they could make the composition look like his, too!

Your backyard has probably more visual possibilities than mine.
But you might love Portland Oregon as a change of pace. The industrial park
parking lots glow with wonderful low pressure sodium ambiance
Mark Rabiner