Subject: [Leica] Absolutely INVALUABLE Advice
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:29:33 -0500

This morsel is worth everyone scribing into the bottom plate of their M's
(or any camera they use).

"Take pic of SO".

Never thought about what it means to the SO that I carry the camera
everywhere, take pictures of anything, yet don't take pictures of her.
I think my reasoning, albeit faulted, was she is always there with me, and I
had the real thing to look at, why make a snap?
From her vantage point I'd sooner take a shot of a drunken man resting on a
folded box in an alley than one of her smiling seductively at me. No wonder
she was disturbed & upset!

Now, with the reminder note engraved into the camera next to my soc. sec.
no., zone system formula, and hyperfocal rule, I ALWAYS make sure to get a
shot or two of her -no matter what. Even if she protests, it's a form of
flattery that goes a long way.

[Leica content] She especially likes the ones I take with my Leicas.