Subject: Re: [Leica] Design defect or operator error?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:30:07 +0200

Jem,

I have just examined my own 90 Apo, and it is indeed those plastic indents
which most likely caused David's problem. They do come awfully closely to the
glass. The way my camera is stored in the bag, there is never pressure on the
lens cap (and my lens has no marks), but perhaps the suggestion to put a 55mm
filter on the lens (after removing the glass or not according to your religion)
is the way to feel really safe.

Nathan

Jem Kime wrote:

> David,
> This is most likely so obvious that I hesitate to enquire, but is the front
> of the lens cap one of those which have indents for the fingers to grip and
> thereby sinks in towards the lens?
> If so, could it be the two edges of the plastic indents rubbing against the
> front element which created these marks?
> Jem

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium