Subject: Re: [Leica] 70-180 Apo & R 7/8 bodies
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:38:44 +0400

Joe Berenbaum wrote:

> >That's right, there's nothing like Leica glass; & I love my
> >R7 & R8 bodies ;-)! I really like that R7/winder/hand grip
> >combo.......shown to me by Ted Grant at Big Sur!
>
> Do you use the handgrip strap over your right hand while using the
> camera- does anybody else? I find this uncomfortable and I wonder how
> many people actualy use it.

I use it all the time. I love it, and the mere thought that my wonderful
R8 doesn't have such a strap brings tears to my eyes. When I have time,
I'm going to talk a mechanic's workshop into making me some sort of
metal bracket that would hold a strap to the R8, such that the camera
back will still open and I can get to the release button without
slipping out of the strap. If there's something perfect about the older
R-series, it's that leather strap!

Bernard