Subject: Re: [Leica] I am about to buy a Minilux
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:11:06 -0700

The Ricoh GR1 is a wonderful camera with a superb lens, quite comparable
to the earlier series 28/2.8 Elmarit-M I owned. Only trouble is that
Ricoh has pulled out of the US market now and there are darn few of them
left available for sale. You can still get them in Japan or Europe but
it's getting pretty hard to find one in the USA.

I'm very glad I bought one before they disappeared.

Most everyone I know who has bought a Minilux Zoom has been extremely
pleased with it. I'm not fond of that slow a lens, I'd take the standard
Minilux if I couldn't get a Ricoh GR1. It's a longer lens, however: 40mm,
 I believe.

Godfrey