Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter state for storage
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:12:47 -0500

At 02:25 AM 9/25/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>Is it better to leave the shutter cocked or uncocked when the M6 is sitting in
>its case?  I usually have the shutter cocked all the time so that I can take a
>new picture with a minimum of fuss, but this means that it is usually cocked
>when I put it away, too.  Will this mess anything up over time?

No, this is well established in Leica's literature, and here on the LUG
over the years. The camera is designed to be cocked and stored, or not
cocked. It makes no difference. As I understand it, springs are tensioned
either way.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings