Subject: Re: [Leica] "Best Buy" Leica SLR recommendations, please
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:41:45 -0500

At 12:41 AM 9/25/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>Indeed.  Sports photographers seem to like Canon, in particular, or at least
>that is my impression.

Alas, photojournalists prefer Canon in large numbers. But that was because
the F4 couldn't autofocus an old lady in a walker, let alone a football
player actually running! (An exaggeration, no need to critique the previous
sentence, even though it has a grain of truth - until the F5, Nikon's AF
was way behind).

I think the F5 turned the tide - way too late - and the D1 could be Nikon's
resurrection if it's not too late. But Leica is for the discriminating. <gag>

And yet, I have to admit, if  I were to get back to a full-time shooting
job, I would no doubt be using whatever the paper supplied me. They are,
after all, tools. I'll do my job, but my heart (and my personal documentary
work) will still be Leica.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control!