Subject: RE: [Leica] 70-180 Apo fixed!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:42:40 -0500

At 07:38 PM 9/24/99 +0100, Jem Kime wrote:
>Did Leica redesign your lens? Recoat the surfaces? Extend the lenshood?
>It seems wonderful that they can service a lens to remove flare, can you
>share with us how they did it?

No idea, but I'm guessing there was a reflective surface inside the lens
somewhere that was hit by the sun and threw light into the lens. And they
must have covered, painted or fixed it in some way.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together