Subject: [Leica] Film suggestions for extremely low light experiments?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:08:16 +0200

I'd like to try using my M6 in extremely low light conditions.  From what I
understand, black-and-white film is the way to go for maximum sensitivity in low
light.  Can anyone recommend B&W negative film?  I haven't done anything in B&W
since I was little.  It looks like Kodak and Ilford are the ones who lead here.
Is T-MAX P3200 any good?  What about Delta 3200?

I'm confused about the ratings of these films.  They say 3200, but then they
mention that the ISO rating is 1000.  So how do I get 3200 out of them?  Are
they really very grainy?

Also, how hard is it to get these films processed?  I presume nobody does
one-hour lab work on B&W (?).

I have not heard good things about the C-41 TxxxCN films from Kodak, so I wasn't
going to consider those (I want something over ISO 1000, anyway), but if there
are any contrary opinions, I'd be interested in hearing them.

  -- Anthony