Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon 300 2.8 vs Leica SLR lens
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:51:56 -0700

Peter K. wrote:

>Gee! Its so great to know that a real SLR is an R8.  I guess I will have to
>throw away my EOS SLRs and go back in time to when people relied on on MF
>and slow sync speeds.  And the cult continues......>>>>>>>>>>

Aaaaaaaah Peter me old son,
How are you, you old rascal? :)  So nice to see you're going to get rid of
those auto everything boxes and go "real camera!" :)

Going back in time when the world was slightly slower moving and living
allowed a great deal of wonderful picture opportunities wasn't so bad,
today it would get you punched out shooting in a similar fashion. Going
back in time on occaision isn't so bad, really.:)

As far as sync speeds?  I don't know what that has to do with the R8, it
seems it flash functions quite well for those who require "twinkie
lighting" :) I believe equal to the black boxes of which you speak. :)

But then you know, "real photographers shoot black & white, eat sushi and
drink scotch!"  Not necessarily in that order! :) Oh yeah and they use real
camera's, Leica SLR'S!:):)

Nice chatting with you Peter, have a nice weekend. :)
yer old buddy,
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant