Subject: Re: [Leica] Problem loading film om Paterson spirals
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:35:07 -0500

At 04:53 PM 9/22/99 -0400, Gwpics@aol.com wrote:
>I have come to the conclusion that it is caused by the adverse wind of the
>film in the take up spool and that the film needs around 12 hours or so back
>in its cassette to recover.
>
>Has anyone else had similar problems and are there any ways to get over it?

I have never had a significant problem with Leica cameras. I just thought
it was those dang plastic reels! I hate 'em! There is a brand of stainless
that are much easier, and faster, to load. But then you need stainless
tanks too. (Or at least not tanks that take plastic reels). I don't like
waiting for reels to dry when I'm in a hurry.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a
hobby. - Eliott Erwitt