Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Leica created book!
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:15:16 -0300

Paul:

My OR shots were taken not long after I got two copies of Ted's book.  What
the book did show me is that you can take a camera into the OR.  I kept one
copiy and gave the other to my Wife's Doctor.  The Doctor was very
impressed with it and sai she and her husband look at it often.

I made 11x14 fibre prints of the B&W images I took in the operating room
and dry mounted and matted them.  Each person in the OR got a print of them
doing their job.  I also did four prints that I mounted and framed.  These
prints got put up in a pre-op room and a recovery room.

I was in such a rush to do up the prints and get them to the peole involved
that I forgot to make some for myself or to scan them for my web page.
They are images that are not on the web page.  The OR light was quite harsh
and there was a lot of dodging anf burning.  For example, when I took a
shot of the Surgeon making the incision, the OR lights made that area of
the print (my wifes belly) very bright.  I had to burn this area in with
about two times the exposure of the rest of the print. There is a lot of
work to printing the OR images because of the harsh lighting.  I guess this
winter I should break out the negatives and get to making some prints for
myself.  I wonder if Ted could tell us who did the wonderful job of
printing the images in his book?

Regards,

Robert