Subject: [Leica] FS: M4 bl. chr. and M5 chr. 2 lug
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:26:03 -0000

I have decided to sell the two M's which I tend not to use because they are
too precious, and to use the money to fund CLA's for my old faithful used
and abused M's and some glass. So, before I put them on Ebay, I have for
sale:

M4 black chrome Wetzlar #1384XXX, one of only 4,070 made, complete with
original box, papers, and body cap.  The camera is in very nice condition,
showing only signs of light use, with no dents or scratches. The top of the
top plate has just one small (1.5mm) faint mark close to the A of the
engraved WETZLAR and some very faint shine around the edge behind the
advance lever.  On the rewind side there is one small (1.5mm) mark, hardly
visible, above the strap lug, from contact with the strap.  On the advance
lever side there is some slight silvering in the normal arc from strap
rubbing above the strap lug. All of the engraving is bright and as new. The
bottom plate shows some slight bright-marks only on its bottom surface,
with a faint tripod mount circle and a faint silvering band across the
  surface close to the bottom plate catch. There is a small area of
vulcanite (very easily repairable), about 3mm by 1.5mm, missing directly
above the rewind-side strap lug, otherwise all is perfect. The shutter and
viewfinder/rangefinder are in perfect working order, and the camera has its
lens-mount black wax Leica seal intact. I have deliberately listed all of
the visible marks on the camera but I must emphasise that in general it is
in extremely nice condition.  Apart from the small bright-marks that I have
noted the black chrome is in like-new condition, showing none of the ugly
wear to which early black chrome M's are prone (I have an M5 which is
half-black, half-zinc!).

The camera has its original box, manual, passport and guarantee card, all
of which are in almost new condition.
1,500 UK pounds. (Approx. 2,460 US dollars) I will pay international
shipping.

M5 silver chrome 2 lug #1346XXX, complete with original box, papers and
body cap.  This camera is also in very nice condition, with no dents or
scratches. The only signs of use are an area of barely distinguishable
bright marks between the eye-piece and the flash contacts (which have the
original M5 dual flash contact cover), a small bright-mark (1mm square) on
the advance lever side of the camera above where the third strap lug would
be, and some faint hair-line bright marks on the base plate.  There is a
very small area of vulcanite (very easily repairable), about 2mm by 1.5mm,
missing where the bottom plate meets the body underneath the lower strap
lug. The shutter and viewfinder/rangefinder are in perfect working order,
and the camera has its lens-mount black wax Leica seal intact. The shutter
curtains show some discolouring where they have been cleaned after a long
period of storage early in the camera's life.  As with the M4, I must
emphasise that the camera is in beautiful condition apart from the slight
marks that I have detailed.

The camera has its original box, manual and guarantee card, all of which
are in almost new condition.
1,500 UK pounds. (Approx. 2,460 US dollars) I will pay international
shipping.

Simon,
London.
spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk