Subject: Re: [Leica] Design defect or operator error?
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:20:42 -0400

David W. Almy wrote:

> All,
>
> To my horror, my new Apo 90 "acquired" two marks which looked like
> "(      )" in the center of the front element, spaced about a
> dime's-width apart. Fortunately, they buffed out (much rubbing w/Leica
> microfibre cloth), only to return! What gives?

David:  Obviously it isn't you....suggest an immediate call to the
dealer, return the lens...I know that others have not had much luck,
but why not Email Herr Cohn immediately at Leica and get an answer.
Absent that, call Leica in New Jersey. Another suggestion...perhaps
Stan Tamarkin, Eli at Wall Street Camera, Rich at Photovilla ( is on
our thread  and is exceptionally reliable and knowledgeable ) or
another dealer can give us more information.  I'll call Rich Pinto at
Photovilla and try to find out...later...

Elliot