Subject: RE: [Leica] low light kit
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:50:34 +0100

Neil,
You got a great deal, I'm sure. Speaking personally, I love 'cosmetically
challenged' lenses and cameras, in fact I'd like to start a home for
retired Leicas, but the pockets won't stand it! If I see something that
looks as if it crawled out of a war zonehat's the one I'll want!
You mention the lens shade, this is the way to tell the two versions of
this lens apart. The earlier style had a seperate hood, the latter
(current) version has one built in. The change occurred at #3223300. so I
think you 've got a later one, yes?
I can't imagine (from looking at photos) that the hood would be easily
replaced by yourself, but feel free to attack it with a hammer and see! Can
I have first refusal on the resale though? ;-)
Jem