Subject: [Leica] Re: Decisive Moment Translated
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:22:14 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:
> I believe that the "Decisive Moment" is simply luck. If you stop and think
> about it, you see what you want and you press the shutter. By the time your
> reflexes react and the mechanics of the camera go off, it is no longer what
> you saw. It is a moment later. So when you look at the perfectly timed
> photograph, either you had clairvoyance, or the luck gods were with you.

While luck has a factor in a decisive moment, it is not the whole thing.
You have to be in the right spot, framed properly and prepared.
It's more about anticipation, in my opinion, and seeing the result in
advance of the moment playing out before you.
THOUGH, I'll admit to being there and holding the camera, but Gods' hand
tripped the shutter!

With Leica (or G2) cameras the option of maintaining a view of action before
you enhances your opportunity to capture the perfect moment.
With the RF camera I'm halfway there, just need to put my feet in the right
place. If I'm paying attention to the action around me it's pretty easy to
be patient and get the 'right' shot.