Subject: RE: [Leica] 21mm Elmarit-M vs 50mm Noctilux
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:52:13 -0000

If I didn't have the 21 ASPH, I would definitely take that over the Noctilux
for the following reasons:

1. The 21 fits  - is essential for - my shooting style and subjects;

2. The times when I need more than a f 1.4 don't justify my carrying around
all that added weight;

3. I shoot color so little that the legendary Nocti look in terms of chromes
wouldn't do a thing for me.

NOW - if someone wants to give me a 50 or 75 Summilux, particularly the 75,
I'll be eternally greatful. In fact, if anyone's interested in trading a 50
Summicron and 90 Summicron for a 50 Summilux, let me know...;-)