Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Elmarit-M vs 50mm Noctilux
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:28:02 +0200

From: <Ruralmopics@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 04:00

> I just can't imagine reliabely hand-holding that
> big 50 at much less than 1/60 while I'm quite confident
> 1/15 is a pretty safe bet with the 21mm ...

The heavier the equipment, the less it moves.  My F5 with the 28-70 weighs just
under six pounds, and it doesn't jiggle when you shoot handheld.  My tiny CP950
digital camera goes all over the place.  The few M6 shots I have thus far at low
shutter speeds show surprisingly little evidence of movement.

  -- Anthony