Subject: Re: [Leica] Sunlight in the lens
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:48:46 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 01:06

> You are kidding, right?  You really don't like looking
> at other photographers' work?

I like looking at their work; I'm not necessarily interested in reading about
their philosophies of life.  They are generally good photographers, but often
poor writers.

> In addition, seeing good work (like Harvey's) serves
> as a marvelous antidote for complacency.  Just when
> you think you're getting pretty good, along comes someone
> who reminds you to keep trying harder.

I'm still waiting for the day when I think I'm getting pretty good.

> Not look at other photographers work?

Look again at my post.  I said, "I don't like to _read_ about them
[photographers]."  I also said, "I admire the work of others [other
photographers]."  I'm puzzled as to how you came to the conclusion that I don't
look at the work of other photographers when that's exactly the opposite of what
I said in my post.

  -- Anthony