Subject: [Leica] Pro/Am(was Nikon 300 2.8 vs Leica SLR lens)
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:42:03 -0400

Alex wrote:

Now come clean, LUGnuts. Apart from pros like Ted et al., are you really
shifting enough film through those very expensive gizmos? And is your real
'Keeper' strike rate any better than mine?

I'd hate to learn that most of you are happy with those miserable,
maladjusted prints you get back from the lab.

<<<

I'm clearly an amateur.  No maladjusted prints for me!  It's camera-shaken,
d***-the-critter-blinked, why-did-I-take-that Kodachromes for me!

My keep rate runs close to 1 or 2 per 36; quantity varies greatly, in fact
there were a few years I committed the worst possible crime against my
tools and let the collect dust, but there are also times when 5 rolls was a
light day.  The R's can handle far more use than I give 'em but without
them I wouldn't be using Leica glass.  Without Leica glass and Kodachrome
my use would drop to zero.

Doug Herr
Sacramento