Subject: Re: [Leica] Sunlight in the lens
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:36:52 +0200

From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 20:32

> If you had half an inclination for the possibilities of
> photography in that beautiful city of yours, Paris, then
> you'd know that the greatest 'night photographer' of them
> all, Brassai, created a master volume of work, 'Paris by
> Night', without recource to Noctilux, Leica or anything
> available to you now.

Not necessarily.  I like to take photographs; I don't like to read about them.
There are a few names I recognize, but I'm not a great worshiper of other
photographers.  No two photographers are the same, and while I admire the work
of others, that doesn't mean that looking at their work would necessarily make
mine any better.  It's a matter of talent, not imitation.

> All he had was a desire to take photographs.

Like me.

> All you have is the ability to ask inane questions.

Oh, you might be surprised!

  -- Anthony