Subject: Re: [Leica] Curtain problem or what? Need your help!
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:38:10 -0700

>What are open-house affairs?  Like trade shows or something?

Distributor shows up at a largish photo establishment or other meeting
place with an entourage of equipment, tech reps and sales folks. They
show off their goods, do testing for free, hand you brochures and
generally try to suck up to anyone who might be willing to dump a few
grand on new equipment... Your basic marketing event. Happens at two
local-ish shops around here, about 3-4 times a year. They're usually fun
to see all the new goodies from Nikon, Leica or even Canon... ;)

>Well, good.  You realize how much you scare me each time you bring up all
>these possibilities, don't you?  I am somewhat of a hypochondriac at times ...

Drink some good wine or even a whisky. Relax. Take pictures.

>I hope it is _sturdy_ rubberized cloth.

Quite. I've seen several up to 35 years old in perfect condition. Nothing
to worry about.

Godfrey