Subject: Re: [Leica] Street shooting
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 00:42:49 +0200

From: <Ruralmopics@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 23:56

> If some guy was hanging around me for an hour without
> introducing himself I'd be tempted to call the cops!

I was in a room with a constantly changing crowd of fifty people or so.  Even
so, had I been holding the Nikon, I'm sure more people would have noticed and
wondered.

> As for your "by the time I'm satisfied with the compostion"
> comment. I guess I fall into the "pre-visualization" camp
> of photography. I look at a scene or situation and envision
> a 24mm picture or a 180mm picture and then get into position
> to make it.

That's what I did.  But the composition I had visualized required a certain
distribution of people in front of me, and that took a while to materialize, if
it materialized at all.  I obviously wasn't going to ask them to pose for me.  I
got a few shots that were vaguely like what I wanted, but nothing that matched
exactly.

  -- Anthony