Subject: [Leica] Stabilizing a CF tripod
From: "Gib Robinson" <gilbert@sirius.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:05:30 -0700

t 11:27 AM 9/20/99 -0700, Jim Laurel wrote:

>But this whole thread on tripods seems to miss the point of the M camera.
>If I'm carrying a tripod, it's generally for use with the R or the
>M7...Mamiya 7, that is ;-).  I prefer using the small Bogen tabletop tripod
>with the Ms.
>
>--Jim

Jim,

One of the great photo joys in my life has been photographing in the Sierras
backpacking with an M. I always carry a tripod on trips like that because
the kind of photo work I enjoy can't be done without one. The M is perfect
for that sort of work because it is so light and small compared to other
systems.

Fact is, I almost always have a full-sized tripod handy for either M or R
and I use it whenever I can. Low light photos of people are sometimes easier
with a full-sized tripod rather than a tabletop or hand-held. I'm pretty
good at hand-holding but if I can use a tripod, I will.

- --Gib