Subject: [Leica] Re: clandestine photos of other people
From: "Joseph E. Hayes" <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:45:47 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>

> But those of you that "sneak" photographs of other people, or photograph
> other people's children at a playground... what is it that you do with
> these photographs? You cannot publish them, you would neither want to hang
> them on your wall, nor have a slide show. Or would you?

When I am out photographing, I try to find images that I find
interesting.  In some cases, I print them and keep them in my files.
The boy in Mexico I mentioned in an earlier post is an interesting image
of a child "begging" for his family.  This is framed and will be hung at
some point.

On a recent trip to San Francisco, there was a grandfather with his
grandson on the Golden Gate Bridge.  He was pointing out things,
crouched to the kid's level...a touching scene...Both my wife and I
fought over the camera as to who would take the picture...What did I do
with it...NOTHING...But at the time, I found it to be a worthwhile image
to take...

Joe Hayes